www.flickr.com
Works in progress mcc01001's Works in progress photoset

www.flickr.com
Finished projects mcc01001's Finished projects photoset

I'm not planning on ANYTHING until this Icelandic sweater is complete!

... although I do have thoughts of finishing the purple baby sweater for my friend and making a bright pink fluffy scarf for Dave's cousin, but we'll see

James Blunt - Back to Bedlam

Jack Johnson - In Between Dreams

Audioslave - Out of Exile

Food Network

Rachael Ray's Salami Scrambles

Swiss Cheese Scramble - Breakfast Casserole

Spinach & Artichoke Dip

Some Christmas Ideas

Name:

I am a true New Englander living in Florida with my husband for the year where I am finishing up my last year of graduate school. I was recently married to my amazing husband in June and am loving every moment of creating our home together, along with our kitties Lily and Socrates. Life gets busy, so I am continually striving to balance work and play time, and enjoy all the moments along the way!

Subscribe with Bloglines

Powered by Blogger

Site Meter

Friday, April 22, 2005

The O.C. Poncho

I finally found it! This is the knit poncho that I was talking about months ago! I saw it on The O.C.... and I'm such a dork, so I went onto an O.C. fashion message board and someone sent me the pictures. Does anyone know of any patterns to make this?????

Comments on "The O.C. Poncho"

 

Blogger emy said ... (10:40 AM) : 

It seems like ribbing to me?! Just loose gauge to achieve the effect?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:17 AM) : 

I was at a neighborhood wine and cheese party a couple weeks ago and the most stylish Mom on the street was wearing something similar. It was beautiful on her and definitely caught everyone's attention.

Kerstin
crazydaisy.us

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:36 PM) : 

Newcomer via Kerstin's blog. For that poncho, you could try a variant of Clapotis: Cast on about 150 st. Even rows: knit 5, purl 1, repeat across. Odd rows: purl 5, knit 1, making sure the purl 1 and knit 1 are the same stitch. You might have to adjust the number of stitches by a few. Knit it to 6 feet long, then DROP the one-stitch line until you have a couple dozen ladders all the way to the bottom. Cast off. Sew the edge together so it looks like the picture. Block. Tada! Make a little sample first to see if it works. However, I note that the picture is titled metallicWOVENponcho, so if you wanted to take up handweaving you might get a more accurate reproduction.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:03 AM) : 

Hey Meg! Thanks for the comment on my site... the hat is a visual copy of an Ann Norling pattern my mom has made. Just use a 16" circ and cast on so that your hat will measure 16" around, then weave in the green for the "leaves" so that you end up with a hat that's about 6" tall! I decreased through the green. Hint: follow the general instructions for Stitch 'n Bitch's Umbilical Cord hat. Good luck!

 

post a comment