www.flickr.com
Works in progress mcc01001's Works in progress photoset

www.flickr.com
Finished projects mcc01001's Finished projects photoset

I'm not planning on ANYTHING until this Icelandic sweater is complete!

... although I do have thoughts of finishing the purple baby sweater for my friend and making a bright pink fluffy scarf for Dave's cousin, but we'll see

James Blunt - Back to Bedlam

Jack Johnson - In Between Dreams

Audioslave - Out of Exile

Food Network

Rachael Ray's Salami Scrambles

Swiss Cheese Scramble - Breakfast Casserole

Spinach & Artichoke Dip

Some Christmas Ideas

Name:

I am a true New Englander living in Florida with my husband for the year where I am finishing up my last year of graduate school. I was recently married to my amazing husband in June and am loving every moment of creating our home together, along with our kitties Lily and Socrates. Life gets busy, so I am continually striving to balance work and play time, and enjoy all the moments along the way!

Subscribe with Bloglines

Powered by Blogger

Site Meter

Monday, October 17, 2005

back into the "swing" of things


Surprisingly, I'm still alive... and still knitting! I've actually been working on Wendy's Swing Coat Sweater. I've have a baby boom with some of my friends and since my knitting progress is so slow, I figured I could make a todler size sweater and probably wouldn't be finished until two years from now. But I've actually made some great progress on it. It's my first sweater and I'm pretty impressed! I'm almost finished with the body, then I'll have the sleeves and the collar left.

This weekend I made a visit to Windsor Button and bought some gorgeous yarn. It's Malabrigo Yarn -- 100% Pure Merino Wool in Cognac Subido. I usually don't splurge too much on yarn because a) I am a poor grad student, and b) I wouldn't call myself a very experienced knitter yet. I've only recently been attempting some more complicated patterns. The colorway is beautiful and I've decided to make the My So Called Scarf. I haven't gotten the hang of the pattern completely yet, but I'm sure it will look good when I do (hopefully....).

I wish I had a digital camera so that I could show progress photos. I'll have to add that to the Christmas list :)

So Dave and I took a trip out to Salem, MA this weekend. After a week of relentless terrible weather, Sunday was an absolutely gorgeous crisp fall day. So it was perfect to be out walking around. Since I living downtown in Boston, I don't see a whole lot of trees (I mean there is the Common, but that's nothing like back home). I was so worried that I was going to miss the fall folliage, but once we got out of the city I was surprised to find that most of the leaves haven't turned yet! It is usually peak season on my mom's birthday which is October 6th. I guess things are a little off this year with all the wacky weather. Even so, Salem was fun. We went to the Salem Witch Museum, walked around town, and window shopped.

We're in the midst of mid-terms at school, so I suppose I should get back to studying for my Human Neuropsychology exam. And of course, some knitting....

Comments on "back into the "swing" of things"

 

post a comment