www.flickr.com
Works in progress mcc01001's Works in progress photoset

www.flickr.com
Finished projects mcc01001's Finished projects photoset

I'm not planning on ANYTHING until this Icelandic sweater is complete!

... although I do have thoughts of finishing the purple baby sweater for my friend and making a bright pink fluffy scarf for Dave's cousin, but we'll see

James Blunt - Back to Bedlam

Jack Johnson - In Between Dreams

Audioslave - Out of Exile

Food Network

Rachael Ray's Salami Scrambles

Swiss Cheese Scramble - Breakfast Casserole

Spinach & Artichoke Dip

Some Christmas Ideas

Name:

I am a true New Englander living in Florida with my husband for the year where I am finishing up my last year of graduate school. I was recently married to my amazing husband in June and am loving every moment of creating our home together, along with our kitties Lily and Socrates. Life gets busy, so I am continually striving to balance work and play time, and enjoy all the moments along the way!

Subscribe with Bloglines

Powered by Blogger

Site Meter

Sunday, October 23, 2005

my second home

Good old Homer Babbidge Library (at UConn). Even though Dave's not even around this weekend, I've still been on campus most of the weekend... shut up in the library (3rd floor -- my fav) working on this endless midterm. My saving grace has been a couple of albums that have gotten me this far. Usually I can't study with music because I end up singing along or it makes me daydream. But there are a few that actually help. First, is an oldie but goodie. Mozart for your Mind. My mom picked it up several years ago (actually more than several -- back in high school sometime) and for some reason it always helps me when I'm stuck and can't write anymore. Plus, studies have shown that the complexities of Mozart's music are good for building neural pathways and strengthening brain processes. That can't be so bad, right?! The second is the Grey's Anatomy Soundtrack. This is my absolute new favorite show! I can't wait to see the new episode tonight. I'm always a sucker for most medically-related shows (House is my other new fav!), but this one has good character development and story line. And the music they play is great. I got the soundtrack and love every single song!

As for knitting news.... nothing new to report. I've been home with the fam and working on midterms. No new photos until later this week once all this school craziness dies down.

Comments on "my second home"

 

post a comment