www.flickr.com
Works in progress mcc01001's Works in progress photoset

www.flickr.com
Finished projects mcc01001's Finished projects photoset

I'm not planning on ANYTHING until this Icelandic sweater is complete!

... although I do have thoughts of finishing the purple baby sweater for my friend and making a bright pink fluffy scarf for Dave's cousin, but we'll see

James Blunt - Back to Bedlam

Jack Johnson - In Between Dreams

Audioslave - Out of Exile

Food Network

Rachael Ray's Salami Scrambles

Swiss Cheese Scramble - Breakfast Casserole

Spinach & Artichoke Dip

Some Christmas Ideas

Name:

I am a true New Englander living in Florida with my husband for the year where I am finishing up my last year of graduate school. I was recently married to my amazing husband in June and am loving every moment of creating our home together, along with our kitties Lily and Socrates. Life gets busy, so I am continually striving to balance work and play time, and enjoy all the moments along the way!

Subscribe with Bloglines

Powered by Blogger

Site Meter

Monday, March 20, 2006

knitting, celebrating, cheering, eating, and gardening!

What a great spring break this has been! It's been an awesome fun-filled week! So first I want to show my progress on my sweater:

The photo is quite bright so the color is pretty off (it's a beautiful, but cold, sunny day here in Boston today!), but you can see that I've made some progress.... I now have 12 cm done... only 21 cm of the body to go!

Happy belated St. Patty's Day! We had a party here at our apartment Friday night to celebrate both St. Patrick's Day and my birthday (which is the day after... so we celebrate at midnight). Dave made this sign for our living room and Anne made a yummy cake. Great food and fun company! And of course several Irish car bombs! (the drink, that is) ;)


In addition to all the festivities, we had college basketball to cheer for as well! Our beloved UConn Huskies played both Friday and Sunday in great (nerve-racking, at times) games. Can't wait til next Friday night for the Sweet Sixteen!!! GO HUSKIES!!!

When we weren't eating, drinking, and cheering this weekend, Dave and I took a trip to the hardware store on Charles Street to get the essentials to do some indoor gardening. We got wheatgrass, chives, and basil to start. I'll see how these seedlings do in our apartment and maybe get some more!

(yuck, we really need to get on our landlord about getting a window washer!!!)

AGH! Blogger won't let me upload more pictures! I guess I'll have to leave you in suspense until next time.... I'll post more gardening and knitting pics. Stay tuned....

Comments on "knitting, celebrating, cheering, eating, and gardening!"

 

post a comment